Can Your School District Benefit From This Program?
Blessings in a Backpack – Michigan is willing to assist any individual, company or organization implement a Blessings in a Backpack program for their community. We have overseen a successful pilot program, phased in schools, partnered with an entire school district and worked with companies that adopted a school. We can work with your community and school district personnel to provide a future for your “at risk” school-age children. Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
WHERE IT CURRENTLY OPERATES IN MICHIGAN
- Avondale – 7 Schools (Auburn Hills and portions of Rochester Hills, Troy and Bloomfield Township)
- Brighton – 4 Schools
- Carman Ainsworth – 1 school (Flint Township and portions of Mundy Township, Burton and Flint)
- Clarkston – 12 Schools
- Feed the Shores – 2 Schools (St. Clair Shores)
- Holly – 5 Schools
- Mount Clemens – 3 Schools
- Northville – 4 Schools
- Oxford – 7 Schools
- Rochester and Rochester Hills in cooperation with the Rochester Community Schools – 6 Schools
- Romeo – 1 School
- Royal Oak – 9 Schools
- Southfield – 1 School
- Troy – 1 School
- Utica – 5 Schools
- Warren in cooperation with the Warren Consolidated Schools – 7 Schools
- Waterford – 2 School
- Wayne Westland – 1 School (Westland, Wayne and portions of Canton Township, Dearborn Heights, Garden City, Inkster and Romulus)
West Bloomfield / Keego Harbor in cooperation with the West Bloomfield School District- 8 Schools
- Wyandotte – 5 Schools
PROGRAMS UNDER NATIONAL DIRECTION WITHIN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN
- Center Line
- Grand Ledge
- Lake Orion
- South Haven
- South Lyon
- Traverse City
Currently, the Blessings in a Backpack program is operating in forty-six states.
If you are interested in starting a program in another state, please follow this link to the National Blessings in a Backpack website.